Termite Prevention Tips
Preventing Termites is a daunting task but knowing how to prevent infestation starts with a few basic tactics:
- Keep all wooden parts of the house foundation at least 6 inches above the soil.
- Keep mulch levels several inches below the siding and wooden parts of the structure.
- Avoid or minimize use of wood mulch next to the foundation.
- Remove dead trees, stumps, and roots near the structure.
- Never store firewood, lumber, or paper against the foundation or in the crawl space.
- Remove wood debris and form boards.
- Divert lawn sprinklers and irrigation water away from the foundation.
- Promptly repair leaking faucets, water pipes, and air conditioning units.
- Remove any vegetation covering vents.
- Do not build flower planters against the house.
- Regularly inspect cracks or joints in concrete slabs for evidence of termites.
We are your experts when it comes to ant treatment and control, bee treatment, cockroach elimination, mosquito fogging, flea extermination, termite prevention and commercial pest control. We also provide the best in rodent control, wild/stray animal trapping, wood destroying insect control, weed control, fungus control, herbiciding, bird control, bat exclusion/control, and sanitation consulting.
Contact our Big M Pest Control offices in Ingleside, McAllen or New Braunfels, TX. Big M services areas within a 30 mile radius of this cities including San Antonio, San Marcos, Corpus Christi, Portland, Aransas Pass and more.